Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Great Gatsby 10

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

 Now Gatsby is acting pretty weird. He fired his staff because he has Daisy over all the time and didn't want anyone to gossip. Also, he never comes out of his house. I could tell something was going to happen with the way Nick said, "Something was up. And yet I couldn't believe that they would choose this occasion for a scene--especially the rather harrowing scene that Gatsby had outlined in the garden" (Fitzgerald 114). It's a bit of foreshadowing that I kind of hope comes true. I want there to be a scene where everything comes out at once.

 The heat seems to be getting to everyone, especially Tom and Jay. Tom keeps sending rude remarks Jay's way. They are just constantly bickering. I can tell that there are a lot of things just building up. Little digs here and there are adding up. Also, Tom saw Daisy tell Gatsby she loved him. Right in front of him at the table! And then they decide to go into town and Daisy suggests her and Gatsby ride together! I think it is all just so awesome because Tom is such a jerk I want him to be sad so badly. That sounds mean but I am getting into this book

No comments:

Post a Comment