Sunday, August 5, 2012

Great Gatsby 7

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

 Gatsby is so nervous around Daisy! The day finally came when he could see her again and he is just so nervous. Personally, I find it adorable. For them to have been so in love and then have waited five years to have even seen one another. It is true love I think. His apparently calm and cool demeanor is totally blown away when she is around. The word "trembling" is used often in reference to his hands. Also, he tries to leave and can't even wait around because he thinks she isn't going to come.

 He comes back to the house as soon as she's in it. Nick answers the door with "Gatsby, pale as death, with his hands plunged like weights in his coat pockets, was standing in a puddle of water glaring tragically into my eyes" (Fitzgerald 86). This reminds me of like a little lost puppy. He just seems so adorable and it all seems so adorable to me. Then, he gets to show off his house to her and she is in awe at it all. He totally loved that, I'm sure. Finally, they lose themselves in each other and Nick leaves them alone. I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment