Thursday, August 9, 2012

Great Gatsby 14

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

 I had a feeling this would happen. Wilson was too mad and too crazy to not want to get revenge. There is just too much suspense leading up to it that it couldn't not happen. My prediction is way off though. Now that everyone is dead, there's no one to be in love anymore.

 Also, we get the background on Daisy and Jay. How he didn't think he could fall in love with her and when he did he was so surprised but the war kept them apart. Finally, she wanted her life to start and couldn't wait any longer, so she married Tom Buchanan. Jay found out about it in a letter. I can only imagine how sad he was. It's the classic tale, though, of a love story torn apart by war and distance.

 I am not sure what is going on between Jordan and Nick, but I hope they get happier and stop hanging up on each other. I want everyone to be happy, but there's no way now considering half of them are dead. I thought that maybe it was just Gatsby who was shot, but then I read that "It was after we started with Gatsby toward the house that the gardener saw Wilson's body a little way off in the grass, and the holocaust was complete" (Fitzgerald 162). I don't know for sure though if Gatsby really is dead. It's confusing to me. I am hoping he is not though. Also, I sort of saw it coming that Wilson would take his own life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment