Monday, August 6, 2012

Great Gatsby 9

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

 Tom came for drinks?! This is weird. Why? He is in love with Daisy and invited her husband to hangout with him. I do not understand people sometimes. And Nick is surprised it didn't happen earlier? I am not sure who Mr. Sloane and the lady he is talking to are. They appear to be bickering about Jay going to dinner with them. I'm assuming they're married.

 Then Tom and Daisy go to Gatsby's party. I think something bad is going to happen. I just got the feeling when I read, "...unpleasantness in the air, a pervading harshness that hadn't been there before" (Fitzgerald 104). Also, nothing good could have come from these three people being in the same place at the same time. Nothing really crazy did happen though, which surprised me. Except for I learned that Daisy hated it all. She was appalled by West Egg and all the people in it. This is Gatsby's life, though. I am predicting that Gatsby will have to choose between her or this life and persona he has built up around himself. I also think he will choose Daisy because of his love for her. I am hoping he chooses Daisy. But this is only a prediction of what might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment