Thursday, August 9, 2012

Great Gatsby 15

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

It is now all over. The Great Gatsby is no more. No more extravagant parties or anything. I was right when I predicted that Tom and Daisy would leave together. As Jay was dying, he said to Nick, "Look here, old sport, you've got to get somebody for me. You've got to try hard. I can't go through this alone" (Fitzgerald 165). I think that Nick was that person for him. He was the one who stayed at his house and kept everything in order and talked to the newspapers. Nick made all the funeral arrangements when no one else was around to help.

 I feel bad for Gatsby. He threw all these parties and welcomed everyone into his home and still no one even came to his funeral except his father and the drunk guy from the library. People thought that he got what he deserved and someone even wanted a pair of shoes back from his house. It makes me depressed and I'm kind of glad he was already dead so he didn't know that everyone was so mean after he did die.

 Jordan's engaged to someone else and I found out that Tom is the one who told Wilson that it was Jay Gatsby who killed his wife. He did it to get rid of Gatsby without getting his hands dirty. He knew that Wilson was crazy enough to kill another man without even thinking about it. I feel like Gatsby is a great inspiration for bettering oneself. He had little and made himself go out and become a better person. He made money and friends, but also enemies. Everyone, including himself felt like he had a great future ahead of him and went out and made it happen. I think there are a lot of people at Roncalli with these same ambitions who I know for a fact can make them come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment